Sunday, March 21, 2010

Never blink

Wow, two days have passed... I must have blinked. Stupid time displacement parrot. Ah well, it happens. I guess its Karma coming around to bite me. I never should have talked Joey into checking the time knowing that he has some kind of Turret Syndrome that causes him to twitch and blink a lot. As far as I know, he is still standing in my old apartment staring into that parrot's eyes.

It was funny at the time... and the complex has been curse word free ever since, but still, it does make me feel bad from time to time. But enough dwelling on the past. On to the events of the day.

There were no strange, time misplaced, roars coming from outside, and the Parrot did mention that the year was now 1217 AD, so I figured it would be somewhat safe to go outside. So I did just that. Except, when I opened the door and stepped where my yard was predisposed to hanging out, I found myself stepping out of my bedroom instead, and into the bathroom.

Ok, maybe I was dreaming. I thought about it for a few moments and then pinched myself, stifling a yelp of surprise, and decided right then and there that if you were going to pinch yourself, maybe it would be best to pick a spot that didn't take too long to recover from. And never do it while using the bathroom. To easy to make painful mistakes.

At any rate, I removed the human waste disposal device, which I honestly do not remember inserting in the first place, emptied it into the nano-bot feeder and then walked back into my bedroom. Or so I had thought. Winds up, I found myself entering the kitchen instead. At this point, it was evident that the day was not going to improve.

I opened the refrigerator and reached in to grab some cold protein and nearly cried out as the intense heat of the oven seered my flesh. Ok, now it was just getting dangerous. I decided to sit in the middle of the room and write my latest update.

That was my day so far...

Maybe Randomida, or is it Randomima now, maybe this place wasn't such a good idea after all...

I wonder if it would let me move. I hear there is a planet with a single sun, where the occupants are more of a danger to themselves than their surroundings are. I shall look into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment