Monday, March 22, 2010

Fresh Air

Finally! My house quit playing tricks on me today, so I was finally able to go outside. It started off uneventful enough. The only thing of note being that the grass had left my yard to mingle with the greener grasses of my neighbors yard. No loyalty whatsoever these days.

At any rate, I shrugged it off and headed for the path into town. Normally, by foot, it would take approximately 8 hours, 17 minutes, and 33 seconds to walk into town, give or take a day, but the township had installed these new government run transports for our convenience. I should be there sometime next month, barring a reoocuarnce of last month's delimma where the good folks in town who pull the rope that drags the conveyance toward town at an exhillerating pace of a dead chipmunk, (We call those folks the Tack-Spayers, I have no idea where it comes from) all at once decided to take a holiday. By the time they came back, and pulled us the rest of the way into town, 5 passengers had died from natural causes, (naturally they had gotten on someone's nerves and were beaten to death), a baby was born (and I believe conceived on the same voyage), and I had managed to learn how to whistle between my fingers, much to the dismay of my fellow passengers. They had only beaten me a little though, so all in all, uneventful.

I got to the conveyance station and noticed the ropes connecting it to the mountain pass which it would be hoisted over seemed be missing. Several folks on the transport had already grown beards and I thought I heard the cry of a new born baby, so I decided to walk.

I could climb the mountain pass, walk the 8 hours around the east face, or just take the tunnel and be there in a few minutes. I chose the 8 hour walk. Bad things happen in that tunnel. Bad... bad... things.

But I digress. I walked the normal path and got there just as the twin suns disappeared on the other side of the mountain. I guess I'll be staying in town tonight.

Tomorrow, I'll explore town a bit and fill you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment