Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Sometimes things just work out

OK, let's start by saying that I call shenanigans on the whole statement that "sometimes, things just work out." I know I am the one who said it, but I was under duress. Winds up, the stay in the local jail was not all it was cracked up to be. Did you know that once in there, they lock the door behind you? Also, did you know that there is nothing in there but a bed and a toilet with no stall door? I think the stall door is missing because they forgot to actually put a stall around the toilet in the first place, but who forgets something like that? Seriously? Unfortunately for my cell mates and neighbors, they also do not supply any kind of deodorizing spray.

But you probably don't want to hear about all of that. Let's just suffice it to say, when you are very bored, with nothing but a toilet and bed available to you, you would be surprised what sort of sport you will create to keep yourself entertained.

Moving on, I am now living in a different kind of prison. It's called total and complete freedom. No bills, true, but also no money, no house, no clothes beyond what is on my back, no prospects, no hope. Yep, prison. If it weren't for computers in the library, I wouldn't even be able to update my blog. It is the one thing that keeps me sane...

OK, so sanity is a relative term, but for me, it is what keeps me from doing something stupid. Hmm, on second thought, if a quarter has 119 ridges on it's edge, I would be one with only 118. So I guess I am as batty as the uniform closet in Bruce Wayne's bat cave. So since I am not quite sane by the majority's definition, I will leave you with this one statement which has been echoing in my mind all day. An enlightening statement that if taken in the right context could change everything. That statement is: Flying frogs bruise their bottoms less...

No comments:

Post a Comment